BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย

BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย
BumRes App V2

Friday, March 30, 2012

The World & Ginger - Centara Grand @ Central World, Bangkok

The World & Ginger @ Centara Grand @ Central World (International Buffet Restaurant)





Overall Score  7/10
Taste   3/5
Ambiance  4/5
Service  3.5/5
Value   4.5/5


The World and Ginger - International Buffet on BuMRes.com








The World and Ginger is the international buffet restaurant of the Centrara Grand @ Central World.  This buffet is a cooperative between the World and the Ginger.  I had gone to the World once before about three years ago.  Line buffets of these two restaurants were separated.  The World offered an international selection buffet.  But at the Ginger, I didn’t get a chance to check out what it had to offer.  On this visit, the Ginger was offering the Asian specialties.  On the other hand, the World had European selection.  






Prior to this visit, I did some research as well as asked people that knew about this place.  I didn’t get any positive or negative attitude of the buffet at all; most of the sources expressed with the neutral tone.   So, I didn’t have much expectation about the World & Ginger Buffet.  As I enter the restaurant, staffs were welcoming with smiles.  Atmosphere was pleasant; decorated with elegance and luxury.  During my whole visit, servers were taking good care of us.  Not related to the food, everything was impressive.   





I decided to sit in the Ginger area because I wanted to be close to the Sushi and Japanese food more than the Europeans.  Overall, I though the price was too high.  A full price is around 1,500 Baht but fortunately I had the promotion two for one price, so it only cost me 800 Baht.  Honestly, if I had to pay the full price, I wouldn’t be so happy with what the restaurant had to offer.  I would rather go to Lord Jim or other choices.  Perhaps it is because I don’t prefer the kind of buffet that I have to dish my own food; my judgment could be bias.  





Line buffet at the Ginger had similar food like other buffets of this level; there were Sashimi (Salmon, Tuna, and Octopus).  The Sashimi was fresh and tasty.  Other Japanese selections were Teppanyaki, Tempura, and a few other choices.  And other Asian selections were crispy pork, roasted duck, noodle soups, and many other typical choices.  On the other hand, the World had pizzas, salads, barbeques, pastas, soups, etc.  To conclude, the line buffet was ordinary.  I didn’t have a great impression of anything.  For 800 Baht, I was totally okay with everything.  





The World & Ginger had different promotional offers daily.  On my visit, they served unlimited wine.  For free, I was expected something average but to my surprise, the wine was worse than a casual wine drinker like me to accept.  I mean, I usually buy 200-300 Baht bottles of wine from Foodland, which I am usually satisfied.  But the wine at the restaurant that day was a bit cheaper than 200-300 from Foodland, I thought.  Among the four of us, we all agreed that the wine was awful.  I should have gone on the day that they serve free beers.  




The World & Ginger was best for the occasion that you have the discount.  Without the promotion, the price you pay wouldn’t worth the food they offer.  Though everything else was not to be blamed, I was very impressed with the atmosphere, service, and cleanliness; perfect for a Five Star hotel.  If you are interested in going, check out the daily promotions and pick the best one that suits you.  For me, I would go back for the free beer day.   







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to leave a comment and you can also contact me via channels below.
http://www.bumres.com
http://www.facebook.com/BumRes
admin@bumres.com
ร้านอาหาร

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...