BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย

BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย
BumRes App V2

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bai Yun (Dim Sum) - Banyan Tree Hotel, Bangkok

Bai Yun - Banyan Tree Hotel (Chinese Restaurant Buffet ติ่มซำ)



Overall Score  9/10
Taste   4.5/5
Ambiance  4.5/5
Service  4/5
Value   3/5


Bai Yun - Chinese Restaurant on BumRes.com






The Bai Yun is the official Chinese restaurant at the Banyan Tree Hotel, an upscale accommodation of the Bangkok metropolitan area.  Prior to this visit, I went to the Rom Sai Restaurant in which I wasn’t so impressed.  I even planned not to come to any other restaurant at this hotel again.  Until I found the promotion so attractive, I couldn’t resist the opportunity.  I decided to check out the Bai Yun with my mother.  This fine Chinese restaurant is located on the 59th floor with a great view, though not the best since without panoramic view from the large span window.  Especially where I was seated; the view was blocked by the concrete wall.  The overall atmosphere was not to be blamed; great enough to be in a five star hotel.  





I went there during lunch and I chose to go with the Buffet Dim Sum.  Even though Dim Sum didn’t have the greatest selection compared to other places I had gone to.  There were only about 20 choices of the Dim Sum specialties.  I ordered all of them.  The overall taste and quality of Dim Sum at Bai Yun was more than acceptable.  In fact, the limited picks were all delicious; served steamy hot right to the table and with kindly given portion.  Out of the 20 choices, I liked the Rice Bun the most.  It was a unique golden bun with sweet cream filling; a dream team of the two was fantastic.  I am telling you, this rice bun was extraordinary and delicious.  Another one of the great choices was the Hima Fish (Chilean Sea Bass) steamed with white soy; remarkably delicious.  Together with the fast service, Bai Yun’s offering is better than many Dim Sum Buffets in Bangkok.







The cost person of this Dim Sum Buffet was only 1,000 Baht because they had the promotion, two for one special otherwise it would be 2,000 Baht per person which would be extremely pricey.  At this time, because of Bai Yun Dim Sum experience, my negative attitude (Rom Sai) toward the restaurants at Banyan Tree Hotel has been erased.  I will plan to go back to Bai Yun again for their a la carte menu.  And I will let you know how I like it.  If you have like or dislike experiences at the Banyan Tree Hotel, please share your thoughts.  


Update: I have tried the a la carte at Bai Yun already, please see find review, Bai Yun (A la carte). 












--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to leave a comment and you can also contact me via channels below.
http://www.bumres.com
http://www.facebook.com/BumRes
admin@bumres.com
ร้านอาหาร

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...