BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย

BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย
BumRes App V2

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Orient Thai Restaurant - Thonglor, Bangkok

The Orient Thai Restaurant Thonglor, Bangkok 



Overall Score  8/10
Taste   4/5
Ambiance  4/5
Service  4/5
Value   3/5


The Orient Thai Restaurant at Thonglor on BumRes.com







The Orient is a one fine Thai restaurant with luxurious atmosphere, located in the service apartment – Sommerset of Thonglor area.  Establish since 1981, so the place has 30 years of experience by the time of my visit.  Interior design of the Orient is spacious and very comfortable.  Customer service staffs were kind and really well-mannered.  My first impression of the Orient @ Thonglor was fantastic. 




The Orient @ Thonglor mainly focuses on the authenticity of Thai food.  A couple of European dishes were also available.  Details of the menu can be found in the tab menu as usual.  I was there for lunch and I was so surprised to see a lunch set (I haven’t seen many Thai restaurants with lunch specials)




First to serve was the Kang Pa.  I felt weird that a curry soup was served first.  Its taste was considered mild for a Thai palate but it was delicious in its own way.  Second menu was the Yum Ma Kua Goong sod or the Spicy eggplant salad with shrimp.  Personally, this menu is my favorite and I knew it was going to be incredible after a first glance.  Just as so – this menu was spicy but well balanced with the sourness of lime juice.  Natural sweet from the shallots added a great flavor to the whole.  Good Menu!




Third dish was a single serving dish (which should have come first), the Kuay Teaw Neausub or Thai noodles with ground beef.  My mom liked it a lot; she cleared it clean.  And my choice of the single serving menu was the Kao Naa Gai or Chicken over rice.  I have had many disappointing memories with this menu elsewhere.  I can’t believe that I finally found the best Kao Naa Gai at the Orient @ Thonglor.  Thinking about the excessive amount of chicken, condiments, and the sauce – I am starting to drool.  The photo of this menu is killing me.  


One more menu served as a snack was the Kratong Thong with beef.  Its appearance was deceiving; tasted much better than it looked – also a good choice as a starter.  For dessert, we had the Green tea ice cream with the frost.  I didn’t like that so much.  The other choice was the Lod Chong or green strings in coconut milk – I actually like it.  


Well – my exclusive Thai lunch at the Orient @ Thonglor was rather impressive.  I won’t question how they stayed in business for 30 years.  This restaurant serves authentic Thai dishes, suitable for Thai people as well as expats.  I definitely recommend you all to try.  




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to leave a comment and you can also contact me via channels below.
http://www.bumres.com
http://www.facebook.com/BumRes
admin@bumres.com
ร้านอาหาร

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...