BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย

BumRes iOS App แอพค้นหาร้านอาหารที่ดีที่สุดในไทย
BumRes App V2

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Neil's Tavern Steakhouse and European Restaurant - Asoke, Bangkok

Neil's Tavern (Steakhouse and European Restaurant) Asoke



Overall Score  7/10
Taste   3.5/5
Ambiance  4/5
Service  4/5
Value   3/5


Neil's Tavern Steakhouse on BumRes.com




The Neil’s Tavern is a restaurant that I have heard about for a while.  In the Pantip’s webboard, many people asked about the best steak and I found a few posts suggesting the Neil’s Tavern.  Its location wasn’t so convenient for me personally so I never had to chance to go.  Then I found out that the Neil’s Tavern has two branches in Bangkok.  First one is in Ruamrudee area with the antique and classic atmosphere like an old steakhouse.  And the second branch is in Asoke area, which I am reviewing.  Parking is conveniently available in front of the restaurant.  Besides being a restaurant, the Neil’s Tavern is also a bakery shop.  During my visit, I saw many customers coming directly for the bakery.   





I am not so sure about the nationality of the food here.  Let’s say it is European.  Basic food categories of the Neil’s Tavern are appetizer, soup, steak, and seafood.  More details of the menu can be found in the tab menu.  I was there for the lunch set at budgeted price.  My mom and I never missed a special deal like this.  I ordered the set A for 395+ Baht.  My appetizer was the Baked Mussel with Cheese.  The look was plain simple but the taste was amazing.  It was hard to believe that it was only a small size Thai mussels and it still tasted this good.  If it was the NZ Mussel with more meat and better texture, this appetizer would be unreal.  Next up, my main dish was the Smoked Fillet of Sea Bass.  The fancy presentation was far better than the appetizer and the taste was as great as it looked.  Too bad the fillet was too small to fully enjoy the dish.  




At the Neil’s Tavern, my mom ordered the set B for 315+ Baht.  Her appetizer was a Cream of Corn Soup.  It was a good soup with average quality.  Then the main dish in the lunch set B was the Deep Fried Fillet of Basa with bread crumb.  My mom and I were quite impressed with this main dish as well.  Both of the main dishes at the Neil’s Tavern were greatly enjoyable.  In the set, we also had a choice of dessert.  My choice was the Coffee Brownie cake, which was tasty no less than the main.  And my mom’s dessert was a strawberry ice-cream.  I believe it was homemade – so good. 




To conclude, our lunch at the Neil’s Tavern was a great experience.  We were impressed with the food, the service, the atmosphere, and the value very much.  Now that I have tried this place myself, I am not surprised why there were many positive comments on the webboard.  Neil’s Tavern will surely attract me back for a full option dinner with friends to try dishes in the a la carte menu.  Thumbs up – highly recommend. 


For more yummy review of Bangkok restaurants please Click Here!







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to leave a comment and you can also contact me via channels below.
http://www.bumres.com
http://www.facebook.com/BumRes
admin@bumres.com
ร้านอาหาร

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...